Saturday 30 January 2016

Poem

Press Play Again - 28/01/2016

What shape does that sound have,
Of the regular, rhythmic beat and the swish, swoosh, swoon of a melody.
How can you leave me be,
Opened up, bare, bear hearted to the world,
With a glance and a glimpse, you are gone.
Paused.
Stopped.

Press play again.

Where do those words come from,
The simple complicated way of saying complex, clear things.
   - "I never knew I was a lover"
I always had an inclination,
Cornered, not like the others, fighting, singing,
I hold you are long as I can, you are gone.
Fade out.
Skipped.

Press play again.

Why do you leave me so messed up,
Three, four minutes of joyfulness confusions, of love and Beatles references.
  - "Just because I stole the thing you hide"
Did it take you long to write,
The effect you affected,
To completely change my life around?
Repeat.
Repeat.

Press play again.

After the world changed, after the noise and the words,
I do not recall the before, I cannot recollect the silence.
  - "I want to be the King of Spain"
I keep you in my head,
I keep you in my heart,
You may never know what you did to me,
I may never even tell.
I play your record again,
Just once again.

Press play again.

Note - So, yes, this is a draft, I want to change it, certainly some of the lines and words in the third quarter. But also, yes, I like this a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment